Events not propagated on a network II

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

Bergsteiger

Events not propagated on a network II

Post by Bergsteiger »

As the project had been closed by the support team I guess I need to open a new thread.

As already reported http://forum.unified-automation.com/topic1542.html I got an issue retrieving events from my target system.
In the meantime I installed the identical SW on an identical target system in the office and now the Events are properly propagated to another machine running UA Expert.
The target systems both are running both Win7 and should contain the same updates. The system not working is located about 70km away, and no Internet connection for remote control is possible.

What is different between events and data access? Could this be a TCP-IP issue, could it be a network issue or is there anything depending from the OPC-UA license. I bought the binary full client/serverpackage. Could it be that anybody else, may be using only the base package is blocking my events?

Up to now I have not installed the trace functionality as I still need to figure out how it works.

Bergsteiger

Re: Events not propagated on a network II

Post by Bergsteiger »

Finally the problem was found. The server was transmitting all events properly all the time, but due to a network issue the IP Address of the target system had to be changed. While in data access view it is obvious (open and closed lock) to reconnect to the server in the event view the configuration window could be minimized and you are not aware anymore that the server connection is broken. This issue was originaly triggered by my main client complaining not receiving any events from my server. Not properly using UaExpert made this issue worse.

Nevertheless as proposal I would like to suggest that UaExpert should either warn if the Event View lost its connection or re-install the connection automatically according to an already existing connection.