UaModeler - does not merge code when regenerate from model

Questions regarding the use of UaModeler

Moderator: uamodeler

Earthed

UaModeler - does not merge code when regenerate from model

Post by Earthed »

Modeler 1.3.3 "285" with Target: VS2010 C# .NET FW 4.0

I have been following Randy Amrstrong's Webinar (No. 3) on .NET Server SDK and in the demonstration the model is changed several times and each time the code base is manually modified, and upon regeneration it 'appears' that the regenerated code is merged with the existing code he already has from previous steps. as at each point Randy selects 'Yes' to perform an overwrite.

When I make changes to my model, then make manual code changes, then make further changes to the model, my subsequent regenerated code removes all my previous manual code changes each time. Yet, this does not occur in Randy's Webinar

Am I missing something? UaModeler Settings I have set to "ask for overwriting"
I am currently using Scooter software - Beyond compare to re-merge code after each regeneration - which is somewhat painful.

Any guidance appreciated
Ian

Support Team

Re: UaModeler - does not merge code when regenerate from mod

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

There are two groups of auto-generated code file. There files that should not be changed by the user. These files are overwritten each time you are generating code. The other group of files, are files that are only generated once. You can use these files to add your own implementation. In the fileheader of the files you can see the kind of group the file belongs to.

You can influence the default selection of files to overwrite in the Settings dialog (Code Generation).

Best regards
Support Team