MonitoredItems not getting updates if only timestamp changes

Questions regarding installing, running and configuring UaGateway.

Moderator: uagateway

Rusle

MonitoredItems not getting updates if only timestamp changes

Post by Rusle »

I have a OPC UA server where the new value of a variable often can be the same as the previous value.

Getting updates to the variable in my OPC UA Client, even if the value is the same, was simple; just to set the Data Change Filter on the monitored item to OpcUa_DataChangeTrigger_StatusValueTimestamp. This also works fine in UaExpert by changing the Data Change Trigger to Status/Value/Timestamp in Monitored Item Settings.

However, if I connect to this server through UaGateway, I do not receive these data changes on the monitored item. It only updates if the actual value changes.

Is there some hidden configuration for the UaGateway to change this behavior? For my UA Client it is necessary to know that the variable has been updated, even if the value remains the same.

Support Team

Re: MonitoredItems not getting updates if only timestamp cha

Post by Support Team »

Hi Rusle,

The OpcUa_DataChangeTrigger_StatusValueTimestamp is currently not passed down to the aggregated server.

Passing the information down seems to be a local change but we need to do some further investigation to confirm that this can be changed in the next service release.

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi Rusle,

The passing on of the DataChangeTrigger is now integrated and will be part of the next UaGatway service release.
The service release is already in preparation.

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi Rusle,

the new version of UaGateway is available for download: UaGateway V1.3.5_263
http://www.unified-automation.com/downl ... rvers.html

The time stamp issues were fixed in this version. You now can choose between "source" or "server" time when mapping to COM DA time stamp.

Best Regards
Support Team