.net client sdk 2.3.1 installation hang

Questions regarding the use of the .NET SDK 2.0 for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdknet

junchen

.net client sdk 2.3.1 installation hang

Post by junchen »

hi
when I install .net client sdk 2.3.1 , the installation process hang, it stop at the step of executing uaservernet.exe. my OS is win7. .net framework is 3.5 sp1.

thanks

Support Team

Re: .net client sdk 2.3.1 installation hang

Post by Support Team »

Hi junchen,

can you please tell us your actual installation process? What kind of Visual Studio (2008sp1, 2010sp1 or 2012sp4) do you have chosen during the installation? Do you also have installed the chosen VS one?
The installation routine starts the 4 pre-built applications to install their certificates (here: UaServerNet, BasicClient, FullClient and ClientGettingStarted). If you have chosen the "wrong" .NET Framework / Visual Studio the Setup is not able to start the applications. This can cause the stop during the installation process. I you did this, please re-try the installation with the correct Visual Studio / .NET Framework.
The Setup also installs all pre-built dlls of the SDK. This is because a customer could use e.g. Visual Studio 2012 with .NET Framework 3.5 even if .NET Framework 4.5 is the default of this Studio version.

Best regards
Support Team

junchen

Re: .net client sdk 2.3.1 installation hang

Post by junchen »

hi
I have chosen vs2008 sp1 during installation process, in my computer, I have installed vs2008 sp1.